When Riders Discount approached me last year regarding sponsorship, it was during a transition period for our team, leaving a complex and often-dramatic relationship I had been in. Glad to be away from the unnecessary headaches, I wasn't looking for a "replacement" partner, but we came to a nice arrangement and it worked out well for the both of us. They have always had a strong presence in the community and a great team – arguably the best in the industry.
Heading into this year, negotiations were delayed until March where we couldn't come to an agreement for the upcoming season. Unfortunately the timing was such that I had get moving with our program and other partners involved, so while I was excited to grow the relationship with Riders Discount in the upcoming season, we simply weren't able to make it work.
I have enjoyed working with Riders Discount and am very appreciative for their season of support. Who knows, maybe our paths will cross again in the future. Our road racing community is a tight-knit one.
This past weekend I did some riding of a different kind – on the ice! What a friggin' blast it was. Thanks to Bob Watson for letting me ride his KTM 450 for the day, along with Deno and Danny Butler as well. These guys railed on the ice.
I've ridden on the ice before, but never on a big bike with properly studded tires. The grip level was incredible. I was smiling from ear to ear all day. The track was laid out as a road course – and I left wishing I had brought a lap timer to gauge progress.
I can definitely see the benefit for roadracing, by riding on the ice. Having the bike moving around while in 3rd or 4th gear is a great learning tool. I'm looking forward to going back and riding again – either on Bob's bike, or getting my dad to go out and get a 450!
Also – I know updates have been slim lately regarding our plans for the upcoming season. My apologies. More news on our plans for the upcoming season will be coming soon, once everything is finalized and ready to go. I'm pretty excited to get going!
Merry Christmas from all of us at Witchkraft Racing!
Note: Photos are from Christmas cards we sent out to team partners. The phone camera used here doesn't quite do them justice. :)
Monday, November 3rd, 2014
Dad and I rolled into Lot G at Barber Motorsports Park around 11am on Wednesday. Chris (Broome) was already waiting ...
Monday, October 27th, 2014
From a press release issued by Honda East of Toledo:October 27, 2014 – Maumee, OH – Honda East ...
Monday, October 6th, 2014
Thank you to Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki, Pirelli, MCJ Motorsports, GoPro, Riders Discount, Dynojet, Motul, Millennium Technologies, NGK, Chicken Hawk, Moto-Liberty, RS Taichi, Shoei, Samco, Worldwide ...
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Things have been busy lately, sorry for the lack of updates. We've been working on bikes and babies. I missed out on ...
Thursday, August 7th, 2014
With rounds six and seven next up on the WERA schedule, we arrived at the Grattan ...
Press Releases All
Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki Finishes Strong at WERA GNF
Monday, October 27th
Honda East Yoshimura Suzuki Win Four @ Grattan Raceway
Wednesday, August 6th
Sponsor News All
Clean Bikes, Happy Bikes
Wednesday, September 17th
WERA ’14, Round 6&7 – Grattan (Beyond the Comfort Zone)
Thursday, August 7th
We Talkin’ About Practice?!
Tuesday, July 29th
WERA ’14, Round 4&5 – Mid-Ohio (Challenging Adversity)
Thursday, July 17th
WERA ’14, Round 3 – Pittsburgh International (Brake Check)
Friday, July 11th
WERA ’14, Round 2 – Road Atlanta (Chasing Thousands)
Wednesday, June 11th
Monday, June 2nd
WERA ’14, Round 1 – Grattan CCW (Adjustments)
Sunday, May 11th
Thursday, April 17th
Itching and Itching
Wednesday, March 12th
- Motul Oil Q and A 57 comments
- WERA '10, Round 1: Nelson Ledges (Hammer Down) 19 comments
- WERA ‘10, Round 2: Grattan Raceway (Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This) 13 comments
- AMA Mid-Ohio Recap (Thur-Sun) 12 comments
- Representing at the AMA Mid-Ohio
Team Challenge 9 comments
- Sam Lowes Captures Moto2 Pole Position At Losail
- Debise Fastest In French Supersport Time Trial Two, American Uribe Ninth In 600cc Superstock Class At Le Mans
- Camus Quickest In French Supersport Time Trial One, American Uribe 5th In 600cc Superstock Class At Le Mans
- Local Media Cover Dane Westby Memorial Ride In Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Masbou Takes FIM Moto3 Pole Position In Qatar
- Team Honda Racing's Wagner Wins Debut FX-Superbike Race At Sydney Motorsport Park
- MotoGP Qatar - Full Qualifying Results
- MotoGP Qatar - Qualifying (1) Results
- MotoGP Qatar - Free Practice (4) Results
- Moto2: Lowes in control with first pole as record tumbles
- Moto2 Qatar - Qualifying Results
- Qatar MotoGP - Qualifying LIVE!
- Moto3: Experienced Masbou takes career first pole in Qatar
- Avintia eager to end ‘suffering’ with Open crown
- Eslick wraps up Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson Series title in New Jersey, but not without a little drama
- Gillim claims first AMA Pro SuperSport title following epic battle with Dominguez
- Gagne continues his rise to the top by winning AMA Pro Road Racing GoPro Daytona SportBike championship
- Hayes adds to his legendary status with fourth AMA Pro Road Racing SuperBike title
- FansChoice.tv Tune-In Alert: Live streaming of today's AMA Pro Road Racing Awards Banquet at New Jersey Motorsports Park
- All's wheel that ends wheel: Hayes closes out 2014 AMA Pro Road Racing season with another victory in New Jersey